Friday, June 3, 2011

[2nd Bi-Annual Hijabi Fashion Week]: Day 6-Vacation Wear!

Ah! Today's theme rubs a bit of salt on the wounds. One of my biggest (generic) desires is to travel the world--eighteen years have passed by and I've really only been to two continents.
Still, relative to those who've never left their hometowns, I guess this is an Advantage of Being an Immigrant #74.

Also, which fool perpetuated the stereotype that all blogs must be non-fictitious? Screw that! Uhhhh, I mean, the following are real accounts of my wild, adventurous, seemingly-far-fetched travels:

When I arrived in Verona, Italy last summer, just outside the airport was the quaintest roadside stall. It was difficult not to fall in love with these genuine Italian-leather flats.

When I ventured on to Paris, a young dapper that qualified 100% according to The Checklist (kidding! There is no checklist), offered a tour of the city through the eyes of a (really-easy-on-the-eyes) local. On his Vespa we sailed through town. He offered me his vest as the chilly Parisian night set in. But I forgot to give it back to him. I don't even remember his name!

After my mainstream European destinations had been fulfilled, I braved a rocky, turbulence-laden flight to Malaysia. It was Urooba's Sartorial Heaven: brightly/nicely dressed fellow hijabis! Mix in yummy food and I had myself a fine, fine vacation. Also went to a clothing swap with some cool Malay ladies and scored the above printed dress.
who what wear?
  • printed dress, $5, thrifted 

  • classic patent yellow ballet flats, $5, Urban Behaviour

  • yellow patent clutch, $3, Zellers

  • red vest, $3, Value Village
  •  blue and gold beaded necklace, $1, thrifted
3. 5
Links You Must Click
  • to see how girls from around the globe dress whilst on vacation, click here!
  • to see how I dressed for a vacation during November 2011's HFW, click here!
Toodles! <3 See you all tomorrow for the ....last day!




3 comments:

Maiyach™ said...

cute outfit sis :)
http://looklikeandtell.blogspot.com/

Zarine Mohideen said...

Hahaa you are funny! Love the shoes by the way :)

Denise Bomfim said...

Salam, Urooba! Fantastic, life must be colourful.
Have a magic weekend!