Monday, March 8, 2010

MONOCHROMATIC MADNESS. This is madness, I tell ya!

Hey, blogosphere!
The reason for my two week absence from blogging was because...
...I was whisked away to Paris Fashion Week, where I stayed in a hotel amidst a whirlwind of designers, one of whom asked me to be his latest muse. When I was finally left alone to sight see, on my way back from being enticed by the highly revered Eiffel Tower, I was struck with approximately 700 volts of electricity via a terrible lightening storm that struck most of Europe. I was rushed to an exotic french hospital, which, to my amusement, was located beside France's largest brothel.  In my fragile state, I was able to witness a whole new level of, err, camaraderie. After my quick and miraculous recovery (all the french news stations aired my story), I spent the rest of the week hanging out with some indigenous people, who made a living selling hand-crafted clay bead necklaces. Then I came home and went to school and stuff.

AND NOW IT'S SPRING BREAK! Joy! Glee! Happiness! Contentment! Euphoria! Optimism!

Lets round up a few monochromatic outfits, now shall we? (In honor of 4 of the 5 Olympic Ring colours! --worn during Olympic Spirit Week @ schoolio.):



Mostly Monochromatic Black Outfit:
 
  
  • blazer: $7, thrifted via Salvation Army in pretty, pretty New Westminster
  • wetlook tights: $5, Urban Outfitters
  • studded bag: $10, Mariposa 
  • KICK ASS BOOTS: $4, thrifted via Salvation Army in pretty, pretty New Westminster, also

Mostly Monochromatic Red Outfit:
 
  
  •  red jeans: $15, wetseal
  • red plaid shirt: $5, Urban Behaviour
  • red bag: $3, Joe Fresh (bought at a national grocery store chain, how high-end-fashion am I?)
  • red beaded necklace of awesome: $1, Value Village

Mostly Monochromatic Green Outfit:
  • green dress: $3, Joe Fresh
  • green flats: $3, Joe Fresh
  • green purse: $3, Zellers
  • denim vest: $2, Value Village

 Mostly Monochromatic Blue Outfit:
ZOMG, MATCHING BLUE RECYCLING BIN. (Coincidence, I swear).
  • blue shirt: $5, Zellers
  • blue flats: $3, Joe Fresh
  • electric blue jeans: ?
  • all the blue jewelery I own: various
Alright, so still with me? Noice. My yellow outfit, I didn't document, but I'm sure y'all get the idea, huh?



Kay, get on out of here quick; don't make me BOOT ya!



13 comments:

Unknown said...

WOW!!

rach said...

thanks for visiting my blog :)

AND WOOOW. i never have the guts to wear all of one colour (unless its black or white). WOOOOW.

RRR.

Rachel Tanski said...

such a fun idea. though i doubt i have enough green, red or yellow things to do it.

Anonymous said...

GREAT outfits! love how u matched it with your headscarf!

especially love the shiny thrifted blazer :)

Lions, Tigers and Fashion OH MY! said...

love your monochromatic looks!!

SC said...

UROOBA YOU ARE A GENIUS.

I like how you matched everything! And everything wasn't over $20, which I love. Because, guess what, I love to buy inexpensive -- NOT CHEAP, /inexpensive/ -- stuffs as well.

I haven't been to the Salvation Army down in New West... since I live all the way over in LANGLEY.

Hey, neighbor. Surrey is baaaad. Guns. jkjk :D haha. Langley is the one with the shootings all the time. :P

It's so nice to read about someone who lives so close! I feel... like I can relate to you!!!!!!!!!

/end exclamation mark rant.

anyhoo, thanks for following, i love you, i love your blog.

Anonymous said...

... flats for $3 at Joe?! The last time I checked, even the one on clearance were $10+. I never get any deals :(
Also, I love the green and blue looks! Absolutely stunning! Gosh, you need to put up the yellow too. Just recreate it ;)

Sara Bow said...

I loove your Blazer in the first pic =)

& great Shoes!





XXX

Lexy @ QUIRKY EXPLOSION said...

Okay. This is SOOO WEIRD, but when I was reading your story I was like "WOOOAHHHH. Sounds familiar."

This was totally my life 2 years ago. Now I'm happily residing in Paris as Lagerfield's muse. It's alright.

Thanks so much for stopping by!
quirkyexplosion.blogspot.com

PS. Love the idea of monochromatic outfits!

Kristiana Vasarina said...

oh i love your kick ass boots :D!

Sonya said...

I love the bag and blazer in the first pic! This is a fun idea.

www.sonyasark.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

ure shoes at wednesday outfit so awesome!!

Alisa said...

I love this! Esp the black outfit!